Let me ask you this question, why do you think ProActive should work for you? Because Jessica Simpson or P. Diddy says ProActive is a great product to get rid of acne?
What most people don’t know if that ProActiv includes the same ingredients that many other over-the-counter acne medicines. There’s really not much that’s special besides the celebrities.
If you are considering using ProActive, be sure to do some research before using it. ProActiv could actually cause more harm to your acne home treatment than you bargained for.
What Makes ProActive Dangerous?
ProActive contains the active ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide, a topical chemical that is used to kill bacteria that causes acne. Contained in many leading acne treatments, Benzoyl Peroxide works by drying out the skin where a pimple can occur.
While Benzoyl Peroxide has proven to be affective for getting rid of acne, it also can be harmful to the skin. With extended use, this acne fighting chemical can:
Cause irritation to the skin
Cause skin rash
Cause skin to blister, swell and/or crust
Cause chemical burn on the skin
When applying man-made chemicals to your body, it’s best not to use these topical ointments for an extended time. You should also consult a dermatologist, or at least a doctor, when using any acne cream containing Benzoyl Peroxide.
Benzoyl Peroxide is best used to fight acne papules and pustules, which are small pink bumps and pus-filled lesions. Doesn’t sound happy does it?
Natural Remedy for Acne
There are a number of things you can do to help get rid of acne and prevent pimples. Take a look at these articles on natural home remedies for acne:
For a full-blown action plan to fight acne, try out the Acne No More natural home remedy program. It’s an excellent resource.
Most big drug companies don’t want you undergoing your own acne home treatment program. That’s why they don’t make a big deal about acne vitamins that can help you reduce your acne.
The majority of over-the-counter “cure” makers specialize in topical products that ignore one of the base causes of pimples: Acne Fighting Vitamin Deficiency!
What are Acne Vitamins?
Acne vitamins are naturally-occurring compounds that help your body maintain healthy and clear skin. This acne home treatment plan is one of the easiest ways to prevent pimples.
These vitamins help promote healthy skin, give us a hormonal balance and boost our immune system. In concert, these three elements can help us eliminate skin blemishes.
6 Acne Vitamins that Get Rid of Pimples
• Vitamin A help strengthen the skin and acts as an antioxidant to help keep your skin healthy. You should take up to 10,000 IU of Vitamin A daily, unless your are pregnant. If you are pregnant, do not exceed 5,000 IU of Vitamin A per day.
• Vitamin B includes Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid and Pyridoxine. These vitamins help boost your immune system and also relieve stress.
• Vitamin C helps aid tissue growth and repair.
• Chromium Acids work to reduce the rate of infection in your skin. Most people don’t get an adequate amount of Chromium Acids in their diet and sugar can actually reduce the level in your body.
• Zinc benefits your body by upping your ability to heal and prevent scarring. You should take 25-30 grams of Zinc daily.
• Vitamin E is an antioxidant and you should take 400 IU daily. Vitamin E promotes tissue repair and healing.
Using a natural acne care treatment system to get rid of pimples is a highly effective way to battle one of the most common skin problems.
Acne takes the form of small, round pus-filled bumps that can appear anywhere on the body. Showing up as whiteheads, blackheads or just painful red papules, irritated acne can grow into nodules and cysts, and ultimately may cause scarring.
Teens are among the people who would benefit most from an organic acne care treatment regime, as pimples tend to really fester in adolescent years. However, any age group is susceptible to prolonged bouts with acne.
Skin Care Treatment Methods to Prevent Acne
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps keep you hydrated and it helps you flush toxins from your body. By drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day you will also help your skin stay moisturized. The drier your skin is, the more likely your body will produce excess oil to make up for the dehydration.
- Wash your face with mild soap at night and in the morning. Do NOT scrub your face. Scrubbing can cause irritation.
- Moisturize your face. It’s especially important that use put hypo-allergenic skin moisturizer that is free of fragrance and color additives. You should moisturize your face with a lotion after each time you wash your face. If your face dries out, your skin will create more oil, which can cause pimples.
- Use oil free sun block. The sun causes some of the most horrendous damage to our skin, and the sun can also spur acne and even cold sores. Make sure if you are going to be exposed to the sun for an extended period of time that you apply some oil-free sun block to your face.
How to Get Rid of Pimples
An important thing to remember when plotting to get rid of pimples is that acne is a part of your body. Acne is not dirt or grime that you can wash and scrub off. The nicer you are to your skin, the more compliant acne will be with going away.
Here are a few natural home remedies to get rid of acne naturally:
- REFUSE to pick or “pop” your pimples. Squeezing your zits can actually spread the toxins more throughout your skin. This creates more smaller pimples that can grow in size.
- Take powerful multi-vitamins. Acne can result from a deficiency in vitamins and minerals that our bodies need to function.
- Wash your bedding regularly. Oil on your body is absorbed into your bedding and will be rubbed back onto your skin if you don’t regularly wash your sheets.
- Drive water!
- Avoid wearing any make-up
Wait it out!
Acne skin care doesn’t have to be a chore. With only a few minutes of extra care per day, you can make huge strides at clearing up your skin. If you’re interested in an incredibly powerful system that takes a little more work to clear up your skin, I’d recommend you give a look at the holistic home remedies for acne skin care treatment.
Before spending a lot of your personal time and money trying out different doctors and prescriptions, you should start taking these steps to make your body healthier. These steps alone could be the acne cure you’ve been looking for.
Here’s a few ways you can get started on a healthier, and clearer skin, lifestyle.
Steps you can take to care for yourself and help your skin glow are:
Drink at least 8 eight oz glasses of water a day! Hydration is extremely important. Our bodies are composed of water and we need to stay constantly hydrated to keep ourselves healthy. If you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated.
Sunlight can sometimes help your complexion but you always want to protect your skin from too much sun. If you are going to be outside for a long period of time wear an oil free sun protectant.
Wash your face but don’t over-wash it. Use a facial wash appropriate for your skin type. Too much facial scrubbing can actually irritate your skin and make things worse than they are. Stick to washing your face in the morning and at night.
Exercise! Seriously. Exercising makes you sweat and makes blood circulate. This is a natural way to get toxins out of your body.
Take vitamins E and C. These are antioxidants that your skin thrives on. If you have a deficiency in either of these vitamins you could end up with sallow, dry, inflamed skin.
Change your philosophy and your bad habits and you can defintely rid yourself of bad skin.